Sunday, March 3, 2013

Vegan Buckwheat Burgers

I have recently found myself in a " Buckwheat Groove " and I have to say,
I am loving it.


Some quick buckwheat facts:

 - gluten free -
- the protein found in buckwheat contains all 8 essential amino acids -
- high in fiber - 
- rich in lecithin; helps neutralize toxins -
- superfood -
- sprouted buckwheat helps cleanse the colon -

I have been eating gluten free for 5 months and have found it extremely beneficial to my body.  I found this recipe and fell in love! What can beat a 
HOMEMADE VEGAN BUCKWHEAT BURGER?!
:) 

Ingredients:

-- 1/4 cup cornmeal --
-- 1 can black beans --
-- 1 cup uncooked buckwheat groats -- 
-- 1 medium onion --
-- garlic cloves --
-- 1 TBLSP chipotle powder --
-- 2 TBLSP cumin --
-- 1 TBLSP coriander-- 
-- salt to taste --
-- dash of olive oil --


Start Toastin !

1) To toast your buckwheat groats, place them in a pan with a dash of olive oil over medium heat.
When the buckwheat turns a slight golden color add 1 . 5 cups of water & bring to a boil.
Reduce heat & allow to simmer until all water is absorbed (about 15 minutes)
Remove from heat

perfection
Get Mixin !

2) Add all grouts, spices, cornmeal, onion, garlic, and beans into a large mixing bowl
Place about half of this mixture into a food processor
-- if you don't have a food processor, place smaller portions into a blender --


Makin Patties !

3) Time to make some patties!
You can make all different size patties, I tend to make multiple medium size ones.
The wonderful thing about this recipe is that you can freeze your uncooked patties until you are ready for more!


Place the Buckwheat Burgers on your stove top in a little bit of oil & cook for about 5 minutes on each side

YES - it is THAT simple ! !
I hope you enjoy these buckwheat burgers as much as I do



Don't forget to like our Facebook page!


Keep on cooking, sustainably of course.


namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment